Friday, February 04, 2005

Money, Money, Money....

What's the deal with MONEY? I know it's important, and I know nearly everyone (myself included) would prefer it if they had more. But what is the deal with being so focused on what we pay and what you paid and how much this or that costs?

One of the message boards that I lurk and occasionally post on has had a bit of drama lately regarding an upcoming food gathering where a bunch of people are going to eat dim sum. People arranging it said that it will be around $15 to $20 per person as an estimate. One guy gets all up in this saying how it's not fair to split the stuff up because somebody might eat more than the other guy, or get an expensive dish, etc... Most people don't think it's a big deal, because in dim sum, that's just the nature of the beast, and by the way, the difference may be like two or three dollars, and at MOST five or six. Give me a BREAK! You're going with a group of people to have a good time... if you like groups (I don't always like LARGE groups), that's just part of the deal, and it's not like it's a lot of money. If it's a problem for you... DON'T GO. BTW, I posted that advice, and no doubt will soon get flamed. :)

Another thing was a pretty big blow up that occured when I didn't want to tell people how much I paid for the Michael Mina meal reviewed below. Like it's any of their business. It was a special menu, and not normally offered... and to top it all off, I think they gave me a really low price, and I didn't want people to figure that they would get that too... oh well.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?